Orders will take up to 2-3 weeks to be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis. Thank you for your patience.
All feeders include one tag.
We recommend each pet in the home wear a tag. Reach out via email for more information.
- We suggest rather than the D-ring, you use the zip-tie option to affix the tag to the collar. (This keeps the tag up and out of water bowls, and it is a more secure method of mounting the tag)
- Patented RFID system communicates with the PortionPro feeder to control food access for dogs and cats.
- Recognized by the feeder at a distance of approximately 2 feet.
- Tag weighs approximately 10 grams (about 2 nickels), slightly larger around than a quarter.
- Includes CR2032 lithium 3V battery.
- The new tag design incorporates an easily replaceable battery!
- It also has substantially improved water-resistance; via a new silicone O-ring seal and enclosure sealing.
- The new tag incorporates an additional or second collar attachment mechanism/system that provides for the tag to be closely attached/snugged tightly up against the collar and it works with and fits ALL collars (regardless of collar size). This “zip-tie” design is ideal for cats who tend to dip their D-Ring attached tags into their water bowls. The D-ring attachment capability also remains for those folks who want to use that.
- Each tag sends out a unique signal that can communicate with any feeder. So whether you have 1 or 100 feeders in your home, each pet only needs one tag.
- The RFID tags dimensions are approximately 4.6 x 3.4 x 1.4 cm.
This is the best automatic pet feeder you will find. I looked far and wide for a programmable individualized feeder. I have two cats on separate prescription diets who like to steal from each other. The best part is the customizable feedings and maximum daily quantity. As a veterinarian I recommend the feeder to many of my clients who are looking for an advanced feeder!
I got two dogs and 4 cats. We bought 4 feeders for the cats. We bought 6 of the new tags. We started using rings to the collar but the tags got in the water bowls and one of tags stopped working. Found water did get in battery area. We did the rice bag thing and got it working again but we stop using the rings to the collars and started to use the cable ties to the collars. They look uncomfortable on the cats but it keeps them out of the water bowls. Now one is lost and I like to know if there is a way to scan for the tags location maybe from a phone app. Anybody know?
I can change the battery as needed very easily and the new design with the zip ties keeps the tag out of the food and water. Love the feeder but was about to give up on it because of having to replace the whole tag each time. I couldn't even keep spares on hand since the batteries would be drained just sitting in the drawer. I currently use 3 tags and it was expensive to replace the whole tag each time. Thank you for making the battery replaceable!
The tags work great, just wish they werent so big. They are massive for smaller animals like cats.
Love the new design. It fits so well flat against his collar!