Due to COVID-19, we have experienced both staffing and supply disruptions, Orders may take longer up to 2-3 weeks than normal to be delivered. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Get FREE shipping on tags when purchased with a PortionPro Rx Feeder.
All feeders include one tag.
We recommend each pet in the home wear a tag. Reach out via email for more information.
- Patented RFID system communicates with the PortionPro feeder to control food access for dogs and cats.
- Recognized by the feeder at a distance of approximately 2 feet.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Tag weighs approximately 10 grams (about 2 nickels), slightly larger around than a quarter.
- Includes CR2032 lithium 3V battery.
- The tag battery is not replaceable as the tag is sealed during production for water resistance up to 3 feet.
- Estimated Tag Battery Life: ~1 year (actual results could be more or less depending on the activity of the pet).
- Be aware that the battery drains equally whether worn or not. So, tag backup is not a good idea.
There should be an attachment to the collar as opposed to those that hang/dangle. My cats tags clunk against the porcelain dish every time they eat. Other than that, I love it!
We have two PortionPro RX feeders. The original RFID tags lasted approximately 5 months. I’ll recommend ordering extra tags after 4 months or as soon as the feeder signals the tag is low. Ours run out during the pandemic closure, but we were able to operate the feeder manually and still control their access to the food individually and as scheduled. I checked for new tags weekly for over a month with no luck. Suddenly production resumed and immediately ordered a new set which was delivered within a few days. Now back to normal and still loving it.
keep my male cat out of the special diet food for my female cat, she is under weight and he is overweight, he use to eat all the food. Now it is helping her eat better.
Communications slow but expected with covid situation...received new tag (covered by warranty) within a few weeks....love the feeder :)
The pet feeder works great, but the tags battery life isn't even close to a year. We have 3 feeders and all three batteries failed within 5 months. Customer service did replace them and those have also failed in about the same time frame. The cost of the replacement tags has also increased by 25%!!! The continual need to replace batteries just might outweigh the value of the feeder.