Orders will take up to 2-3 weeks to be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis. Thank you for your patience.
All feeders include one tag.
- Please make sure your pet wears a collar to hold newly designed RFID tag.
- We suggest rather than the D-ring, you use the zip-tie option to affix the tag to the collar. (This keeps the tag up and out of water bowls, and it is a more secure method of mounting the tag)
- Patented RFID system communicates with the PortionPro feeder to control food access for dogs and cats.
- Recognized by the feeder at a distance of approximately 2 feet.
- Tag weighs approximately 10 grams (about 2 nickels), slightly larger around than a quarter.
- Includes CR2032 lithium 3V battery.
- The new tag design incorporates an easily replaceable battery!
- It also has substantially improved water-resistance; via a new silicone O-ring seal and enclosure sealing.
- The new tag incorporates an additional or second collar attachment mechanism/system that provides for the tag to be closely attached/snugged tightly up against the collar and it works with and fits ALL collars (regardless of collar size). This “zip-tie” design is ideal for cats who tend to dip their D-Ring attached tags into their water bowls. The D-ring attachment capability also remains for those folks who want to use that.
- Each tag sends out a unique signal that can communicate with any feeder. So whether you have 1 or 100 feeders in your home, each pet only needs one tag.
- The RFID tags dimensions are approximately 4.6 x 3.4 x 1.4 cm.
- The weight of the tag is approximately 0.65 oz.
I bought an extra tag as told by my Vet. Turns out I didn’t need to as I bought enough feeders that came with tag. The tags are a bit larger than I thought especially for a Cat but my cats seem ok with them. The zip tie styling keeps them out of water and that is good where batteries are concerned. Definitely high quality and works beautifully.
As an owner of 3 of these feeders, was very disappointed during the pandemic when the older disposable tag became extremely hard to get. Have completely switched to this new version with replaceable battery and completely changed my perspective on the longevity of the product and satisfaction as an owner.
The picture depicting how to thread the zip ties is not correct. I've found out the hard way by snipping off the plastic only to have the zip tie unthread and come apart. It is literally backwards. Therefore, the zip tie square won't fit into the square opening evenly. So, when the zip tie IS correctly oriented, it sticks up and doesn't sit flush. Very disappointed that I had to waste the zip ties that come with this by following the instructions that were WRONG.
Additional RFID Replaceable Battery Tag
Great new designed pet tag, fast shipping